Oh No Power Outage Last Nite

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shadowpaints, Aug 6, 2009.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    Our power went off at 11 pm last nite, i covered the bator with blankets and prayed it would be on soon... well it didnt come back on till almost 5 am!! the temp in the bator got down to 70 will they be ok? the bator is now back up to 99.7

2. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Only time will tell. Please keep us updated when hatch day arrives. This has been a major fear of mine since we get a lot of thunderstorms here this time of year.

3. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    yes it was lightning that caused th outage.. my hatch dates are the 23rd 24th and 25th i candle them on sunday monday and tuesday... hopefully ill see something!

4. barnyardbonanza

barnyardbonanza In the Brooder

Aug 1, 2009
    Benson
    I just ordered heat packs used for survival (camping/emergencies etc) from amazon to have on hand just for that reason. Maybe they will work as needed if ever needed but it's worth a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Heat...=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1249570702&sr=8-15

If the link doesn't work to take you directly to it they are called Survival Heat Pad, 9" X 13" - Pack of 4 Heat Pads for $19.90. I like the fact they are reuseable and they last up to 15hrs.

5. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I have hatches due on the 21st and 25th. Hopefully I won't have any power interuptions. I'm very curious how your hatch will do.

6. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    thanks i will have to get some .

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    We had a power outage simaliar to yours. We used a water pad(that you fill up with warm or cold water) and stuck it in there with blankets on top. I only lost 1 egg and this was in December. Goodluck on your hatch [​IMG]

8. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    if i candle my my eggs that are due first, ( they are on day 4 almost day 5) will i see anything??

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Depending on if they are white or colored eggs maybe or maybe not. White eggs you should be able to see veins

10. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    i candled the buff/blue silkie eggs and i have veins in all of them!! YAY! ill try candleing the EE eggs tomorrow but not sure if ill see through the shells cuz they are green

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: