Oh No!! Really Bad Super Storm to hit Alaska!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peepsnbunnies, Nov 8, 2011.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Lets keep all our Alaska BYC Friends in our Thoughts and Prayers! I just read and article about a Bering Sea 'Super Storm' that is heading for Alaska's coast. The Weather Channel said it would be a life threatening super storm that has the potential to intensify into one of the most severe Bering Sea storms on record. Another article said that it would be a direct hit on Nome and would be like a 'Snow Hurricane' with high winds of 60-80mph and 8-14 inches of snow, severe beach erosion and widespread damage. That truly sounds scary!

2. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    I read about that as well. Hopefully all are prepared and are safe.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Prayers for all those in harms way. Life in Alaska can be very rough and it can be a very unforgiving environment at times.

4. Woodcox Acre

Woodcox Acre Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    A Mt. Valley in Utah
    My Grand son just left Afganestan today to go back to Alaska, I sure hope hes not in the
    worst hit area. My heart and prayers go out to that area, it sounds very bad. We just heard
    a bit about it on the news a bit ago. I hope thay can batten down the hatches.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My brother is stationed on Kodiak Island.. is that in the line of the storm?

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Looks like Kodiak will be spared the brunt of it. It is headed towards the west coast of Alaska.
    Thankfully that area of Alaska is sparsely populated. Although that is not much comfort to those living there. At least they've gotten warning, so hopefully they've evacuated the more dangerous areas.

Imp

7. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Yes........[​IMG] The article I read said it would affect the Aleutian Islands, Seward too.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Looks like Kodiak will be spared the brunt of it. It is headed towards the west coast of Alaska.
    Thankfully that area of Alaska is sparsely populated. Although that is not much comfort to those living there. At least they've gotten warning, so hopefully they've evacuated the more dangerous areas.

Imp

Thanks for the info, Impy!
    What about your family??

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Geez, my news channel sucks! I had no idea. I sure hope it's not as devistating as they predict. I'll be watching for it now that I know.

Good luck Alaska! We're pulling for ya.

10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    This is the first I have heard of this. Let's hope it is not as bad as it sounds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by