OH NO! roo?

TreyClark281

Songster
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
around Katy, Tx
i think i heard a little cock-a-doo- ! and it was kinda high pich and soft but i heard it and never heard it from him/her it. does anyone have any sound clips or videos of there young roos doing there starting crow.
and i might have to get rid of it but im not sure it is a roo.
idk.
it is about 6-7 weeks old.
maybe i heard it just do something else....
it cant be a roo.
i dont want to get rid of it..
thanks.

Last edited:
See if this works, I have watched it so many times I cant tell you.
I am in love with her Captain Jack!
lol.png

Shoot, I tried and I dont know how to post a link.
sad.png

Do a search for csguinn and her young lil rooster, captain jack, she has a video of him attempting to crow....hmm, maybe I can post a link to the video...I am so computer illiterate...

Anyhow, this is from csguinn.....this is an older post but I love it....

Here are some videos of my 8 week olds. One is Captain Jack crowing [black and white]. I thought they were cute. In the back ground you can here the creek rushing from our 5.1 inch rain today.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t263/csguinn/?action=view&current=100_1018.flv

Last edited:
lol.
i think mine is too young.
but maybe.
ill keep yall posted and thanks for the link jill.
he/she is makeing a cock-a errr sound but high pitch and fast. i dont know how to explain it.

Well, cock a errr...doesnt sound too promisin for a hen. lol

Mine never did anythin other than cheep cheep cheep til about 11 weeks. lol Now I hear all sorts of sounds, Red sings...well Mom calls it singing but it sounds kinda sad to me....ruuuuu...ruuu..ruuuu.rruuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr constantly but its very low. She is very quiet about it. I thought Fussy would be the one to always make noise, but she is not as noisy as she was when she was little. They are both very quiet tho.

Oh, and check out, I posted my desk coop pics~
lol.png
That was last nite, I think they got buried by now to the 3 page or so.
roll.png

Think children playing in the distance meets dying machinery. I have a video at home of Bleu and Cuckoo crowing. I'll see if I can through it up tonight in between being Chicken Nurse.

we knew mine was a roo at a week since his comb was bigger... we waited it out still. at about 1 1/2 - 2 months he was making "boy" noises a BAWWK AAH! but at 2 1/2 months he (in my opinion) perfected his crow. ERR ERR EERRRRRRRRR! it was cute. my neighbors didnt like it though. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom