OH no!!! Shes missing! Help!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 1, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I went out to do my daily chores, (as usual) and went to the duckling pen. Went to go pet my favorite duck ever! (jack) and fed them. And did a head count and found out his sister bubbles is GONE!!! Nowhere to be seen! The fence is very safe too. Where could she have gone?! Im so worried something got her! [​IMG] she is always the loudest one too. I can tell when they are hungry. [​IMG] really sad right now [​IMG] !

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Is there anywhere she could be hiding? It seems weird that a predator would take only one if there were others right there for the taking.... [​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Nope, no where. There are six ducks in there. Very weird huh? Im going to check in the woods now. There has been a has been a hawk around. But I dont seen it much at all.... [​IMG]

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Check all around. Check your pen again and see if there is anywhere she could have slipped threw. Ducks are good at escaping. Hope you find her [​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ok, will check. It just sucks becuz I was building a BRANE NEW PEN for them today. And she goes missing. Just my luck....

6. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Im sorry to hear that [​IMG] I lost a duck last night too [​IMG] We got home late last night after trick or treating and everyone had put themselves to bed so we closed the doors and went to bed ourselves. I normally do a headcount but last night I didnt. This morning I found my lavender Ancona drake drowned in the bathing tub [​IMG] [​IMG] I am so mad at myself.

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Oh no! Not the lavender! [​IMG] im sorry! He was a very pretty bird too!

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:So sorry to hear of your loss, ainesheartsyou, so sad when we lose one. [​IMG]

9. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Oh, Lainey! I am really sorry and sad for you!

10. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    So......any news? Didja find her? Did she come home?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by