oh no, temp drop in lockdown - turkey eggs/brinsea - HELP!

cedarcroft

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 1, 2011
lockdown was Wednesday a.m. i filled up all 4 channels in the brinsea 20 with water and checked the vent is only open 1/3rd. i have 9 turkey eggs in there (only turkeys). Yesterday i'd read somewhere on here about for hatching turkeys, to drop the heat a little bit at lockdown. The brinsea's been at 37.6 consistent so last nite i lowered temp just a bit to 37.4 - now, this is entirely my fault - i didn't dbl-check b4 going to bed, and my adjustment was actually too severe, 1st thing this a.m. i notice the temp is parked at 37.2...oh no!! also maybe for turkeys it's too soon but there are zero pips which worries me. Do you think i killed my hatch or should i calm down? this is my 1st time putting turkey eggs in the brinsea. They were set April 30th so i had assumed Wed 25th was lockdown and i ought to be having pips by now, today the 27th. Ohhhh, misery!
hide.gif

hugs.gif
turkey eggs take 28 to 30 days to hatch out. I know becues I just got done with my turkey eggs. my last one did not hatch till day 31, so you are fine!!! I do not know what the brinsea 20 is but I can tell you the bater temp for USA is 99.5 for a fan bater and 103.00 for a still air bater. This is what I have! I do 104.00 for my turkey eggs and keep the humited up all the time!! SO CALM DOWN AND IF YOU HAVE ANY Q
th.gif
FEEL FREE TO ASK AND I"LL TRIE TO A THEM FOR YOU!!
thumbsup.gif

ok, LOL, i will settle down and stop hovering over the bator. Thanks for the hugs,

Hi - turkey poult # 1 hatched out already - doing fine! Must've been your good wishes you sent my way.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom