OH NO! Temps went too high!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I just got home from work- and both my "bottom of the eggs" thermometer and my "top of the eggs" thermometer read 102.7, humidity is at 42%- it could have been like this all day, I have no way of knowing- it is very humid and sticky here today..Please tell me I didnt cook my two little Serama eggs. [​IMG] (well or the others, for that matter- but these little ones are on Day 16).

2. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

You are so close just carry them on and see. You are due to candle in a couple days....

????

??

?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    You should be just fine. If you said temps of 104 or higher, I would say you probly cooked some of them. Dont give up on them.

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Well, I posted then I went in there and turned each egg (no turner)...and I candled my two little seramas- I am scared to even hold them right now, so afraid I will drop (another) one. I "chicky talked" to them, lol...my family thinks I am crazy..and one was moving a little in there, and the other one was throwing a fit! heh heh....live babies live![​IMG]

5. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Quote:Common disbilty with non-chicken folk... [​IMG]

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:Common disbilty with non-chicken folk... [​IMG]

Agreed!!
    Good luck on your hatch!!!

7. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    With this hatch mine went to 104 and could have been there all nite. I found it when I woke up one morning. I have 1 out, 2 pipped and 2 peeping and 2 that are doing nothing, so 5 out of 7. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by