OH NO! Temps went too high!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I just got home from work- and both my "bottom of the eggs" thermometer and my "top of the eggs" thermometer read 102.7, humidity is at 42%- it could have been like this all day, I have no way of knowing- it is very humid and sticky here today..Please tell me I didnt cook my two little Serama eggs. [​IMG] (well or the others, for that matter- but these little ones are on Day 16).

2. You are so close just carry them on and see. You are due to candle in a couple days....

????

??

?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. chickenlady

chickenlady Songster

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    You should be just fine. If you said temps of 104 or higher, I would say you probly cooked some of them. Dont give up on them.

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Well, I posted then I went in there and turned each egg (no turner)...and I candled my two little seramas- I am scared to even hold them right now, so afraid I will drop (another) one. I "chicky talked" to them, lol...my family thinks I am crazy..and one was moving a little in there, and the other one was throwing a fit! heh heh....live babies live![​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Quote:Common disbilty with non-chicken folk... [​IMG]

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Songster

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:Common disbilty with non-chicken folk... [​IMG]

Agreed!!
    Good luck on your hatch!!!

7. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Songster

Jul 31, 2007
    With this hatch mine went to 104 and could have been there all nite. I found it when I woke up one morning. I have 1 out, 2 pipped and 2 peeping and 2 that are doing nothing, so 5 out of 7. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: