Oh no!!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 30, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I went out to feed this morning, and the cage to my pharoahs was open!! [​IMG] Two of them were hanging out in the barn, but I can't find the other one anywhere!! [​IMG] What is the likelihood that she is still around? The two that were in the barn was one female and the male, so that's good at least. I must have not closed the door right when I got the egg out yesterday! [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Remember when i lost Cricket???

Next day he was only about 30 feet from the main hutch talking to me while i was taking my dog out to pee! He snuck right behind me! [​IMG]

Im sure you put the other two back in their cage, if not, haha do so, and hope and wait and keep checking back to see if she came back to hearing her other birds yelk and talk. I never thought Cricket would and he did so have hope!

[​IMG]

3. Awwww hun, that stinks. [​IMG]

Sending good thoughts for a speedy return!

4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

your 2 that you got may "call" the other back,,,i'd keep a close eye out,, she may be back sooner then ya think [​IMG]

good luckies !!

5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh yes, I definitely put the other two back in the cage. They were sitting by a part that has a 'space' under the wall (dirt floor, tin 'siding'), so I'm thinking she went outside under there.

I've been out to look for her a few times, but I can't find her. I just hope my dad's dog hasn't gotten her. The dog is not used to birds like that running around the yard. My luck, it's the one that has been laying. Now I definitely need to set those eggs!

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yes you do! just incase! I hope the doggie hasnt! I thought Cricket was a gonner with all thats around here, feral cats, loose dogs, foxes, coyotes, owls, hawks, blah blah blah....and the dumb dumb came back so i have hope for ya! [​IMG]

7. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] for a quick, safe return! [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My girl still hasn't made an appearance. Evidently it is the one that was laying, since I didn't find any egg in the cage today. I hope she makes it back tomorrow. I can't figure out how the cage was open? It is impossible for 'something' to open it, it has a wire hook type closure, and you have to push it in, pull up and hold it, and pull it out. My 4-year-old can't even open it! I must have not closed it right yesterday! I hope she's back in the morning!! [​IMG]

9. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Been There Done That!! But of course it HAD to be the big coop that had 57 Pharoahs in it! [​IMG] I was making my bed one morning and listening to the quail calls and all of a sudden it hit me that they were really, really close and loud. I looked out my bedroom window and they were EVERYWHERE !! [​IMG] Luckily my group is soooooooo tame that I was able to slowly walk around and gently pick up a majority of them without having to chase or corner. It only took approx an hour, and I had caught 54 of the 57. Later I found another one walking around, got that one, and my neighbor called to say one was in her yard, so I got that one too. The next morning as I was feeding, the last one showed up and he was caught too. [​IMG] I was very lucky to have not lost any. They are good fliers too, we have a 6ft privacy fence and they can clear it easily.

Lisa [​IMG]

edited because I cant count! Heehee

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The two that I still have were in the barn, right around their cage. I just picked up one, and my 4-year-old went and picked up the other one, so if I could find her, I would have no problem getting her. I didn't even see her anywhere!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by