Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, May 18, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I just got a reply PM from Teri @ Ideal Hatchery letting me know that they have more silkies available for the week I'm getting my chicks, should I want to add more than two to my order.
    I DON'T need more than two silkies, right?!?!?!? [​IMG]

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:false.

3. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Songster

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    Run run fast as you can.... wait... too late! [​IMG] You can't outrun them. They will find you!

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Whether you order more from Ideal or not, you will eventually have more than 2 silkies. They seem to crawl out of the woodwork when you aren't looking [​IMG]

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    It's all about odds, if you get 2, they will both be boys, but if you get 20........ only half will be boys! [​IMG]

6. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Rhetorical question right! [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm gonna sleep on it. [​IMG]

8. FeatherMommy

FeatherMommy Chirping

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I got to thinkin about that, as I lay in bed unable to sleep cuz I was thinkin too much.
    The way the odds work around here, if I ordered 20, they'd all be roos and I'd be stuck with trying to find 20 of them homes.
    By only getting two (which will also be both roos) I have less to worry about giving away. [​IMG]

10. Suzie

Suzie Crowing

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Uh Oh! I have only had one girl from all of the Silkie chicks hatched - all chicks hatched within the last year have been Roosters - I have given most away - I keep Papa Silkie and his eldest son Pugh - but so far I still have two more males - Tom and Watsitsname.... Tom is wonderful - he comes to me for a cuddle so I cannot part with him - Maman Silkie hatched four babies last Sunday so I am hoping I may get at least SOME girls - Petie died at five months of age and she was Mamans first baby - it still hurts that she died but ........ all said and done ...... Silkies are the most wonderful chicks - so enjoy as many as you can have - they are truly a joy to own whatever their sex - you HAVE to have as many as you can as the fluffy butts are soooooo cute.....!!!
    Suzie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by