Oh nooooooo

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by moodlymoo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I have a 8wk LF cochin who last week had a gurgly noise when she was breathing. I only lasted 2 days. No other signs of illness. Today I picked her up and she had clear goo dripping from her beak. I tipped her upside down and at least a couple teaspoons of this goo came out of her. No smell or color. She still seams just fine. Active, eating and drinking, no nasal discharge, no funny sounds when breathing, poo is normal. Should I be worried or maybe was she draining a bunch of water she had just drank. BTW, my kid forgot to water them yesterday so they went nuts when I gave them water just before she had this mystery goo issue

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    She drank a lot of water and when you picked her up it compressed her crop just enough to cause her to expel the water.

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Chickens are known to do that! It they haven't had water for a while, when they get it, they will drink untill, you know what! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She seems fine, but i'm a little confused about the grugling sound. More info about that?

4. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:A couple of days ago her breathing was a little gurgly sounding. Sorta crackly and you could hear it when you held her to your ear but she stopped on her own

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Well, keep watching her. If it stopped, it's probably fine, but keep an eye, or ear, on her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by