Oh nurts...................

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by columbiacritter, Mar 27, 2009.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    My problem rooster objected to me straightening the saddle on one of his hens and charged me. I probably would have just booted him off but he got a talon between my pantleg and boot top and it stung. So I scooped him up to explain to him how close he was to being lunch meat. For him only hanging him upside down while holding his legs gets through his bony skull. He was still flapping and fighting me when I look ed up to see the local Animal rights freak, card carrying P.E.T.A. member, die hard vegan staring at me open mouthed from her car.

I finished my talk with the roo and carried him off. I didn't look back but I know she sat in her car blocking the road for several more minutes before she left. Probably trying to call the "authorities" on me as an animal torturer. This gal has never spoken a civil word to me, but she's shouted at me telling me what a horrible person I am. I "imprison" animals and take their lives. yes, I keep my dogs in a finced yard, acres of yard. And, horror of horrors, I eat chickens!!!!

No doubt I will have more pamphlets on animal cruelty stuffed in my mailbox tomorrow.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] in a sort of pathetic way. You should beat her to the punch & put a headless stuffed animal in you mail box for her to find. Then introduce her to your roo.

Imp-likes it when people mind their own business.

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Well the thing is it is abig diffrent between animal abuse and teaching animals and everyone with common sence will know that, I will not pay attention for such people and if she need something she can go find it elsewhere.

BTW this rooster will be on my Dinner table the very same day.

Omran

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    No doubt I will have more pamphlets on animal cruelty stuffed in my mailbox tomorrow.

For anyone other than the postal service to put anything in your mailbox is against federal law. The postal service takes it quite seriously. Just a thought.

Life is good if you don't weaken.

5. columbiacritter

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:Unfortunately I can't prove it's her so the postmaster won't pursue it. I tried that route when she first showed up.

My revenge will be giving her neighbor more roos for him to butcher in his backyard. All the feathers blow into her yard.

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Please put the stuffed animal on her door step and take a picture...columbiacritter is right though "put anything in your mailbox is against federal law." Door step would work!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. columbiacritter

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    BTW, if anyone is wondering how I really treat my critters, well, utterly spoiled pretty much describes them all, even the meat birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by