OH OH somebody stop me...duckling shipment.....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Apr 4, 2012.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    The local feed store just posted they got female Khakis, Buffs (STR), Cayugas(STR), and assorted runners (STR) in this morning. I need and intervention......[​IMG]

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Seriously? You expect this group on BYC to discourage you from getting ducks?

How about this? You already have pet ducks. Now it is time for you to graduate to quality ducks and away from the hatchery and feed store quality ducks. You live in an area with some fine poultry breeders.

Did that help?

3. grawg

grawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    East Tennessee
    OB makes a good point... if I lived even a state away from holdereads I'd be overrun with ducks. So go ahead and tell yourself you'll pick up a few SQ ducklings from a nearby hatchery.

I'm planning on getting some welshies from duckgirl89 when she hatches them out so that's what I've been using to fight impulse buys [​IMG]

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    My cats constantly remind me that we have enough ducks.

Ion looks into the basement every day, then up at me as if to say, "They are still here. When are you getting rid of them?"

I still brought in a couple of rescues last year. . . .

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    My DH is always telling me we have enough ducks and I have a duck sitting on 7 eggs. I think instead of getting more ducks you should look into geese. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by