Oh oh, Trouble for somebody!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by jhm47, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhm47

jhm47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    One of my friends told me about his experience the other day. It seems that an acquaintance called him and asked him (my friend) if he'd like to see a wolf. My friend went to the tiny town where the guy was, and sure enough, there was a dead timber wolf in the back of his truck. My friend asked the guy if he knew that wolves were on the endangered species list, and the guy said he didn't know. He claimed to have gotten it from another guy who supposedly shot it. Well, the guy called the local conservation officer, and the CO showed up with a federal game warden. They identified the animal as a timber wolf, and examined it. While examining it, they were unable to find any bullet holes. However, they did find evidence that it had been run over by a snowmobile. Needless to say, these guys might be in a bit of trouble. I don't care if they kill wolves here, but I don't like the idea of running them over with snowmobiles. And---I can't believe that these guys were so stupid as to show everyone in the little town of about 250 what they had done. Trouble???

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    That's cruel and hope they throw the book at them!

3. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    Just another DUMB sno-mobiler. I swear they are all IDIOTS.

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    It is possible that the wolf ran out in front of a snowmobile and it was accidentally run over and then the idiots picked it up...granted I am still going with only an idiot would haul around a dead wolf without proper documentation

5. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    I agree-- somebody throw the book at them. Wolves were here first, not snowmobiles.

6. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Section 4: rule 38, subsection 3: Wolves will have the right of way on all public lands over snowmobiles. [​IMG]

Accidents happen folks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  7. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    We are fortunate to still have a substantial population of wolves in Minnesota. Some would argue with my choice of the word "fortunate". They are still one of God's creatures and as such deserve more consideration than we have given them. Most Minnesotan's are very educated about wolf behavior. I know from reading studies done by people far smarter and more educated than I that a wolf, any wolf, is instinctivley afraid of humans and will do anything to avoid us. If you happen to see one in the wild consider yourself very lucky as it will probably never happen again in your lifetime.

It is extreemly unlikely that a wolf allowed himself to be run over by a loud, bright, obnoxious, smokey, and destructive sno-mobile. These idiots most likely were someplace where they were not supposed to be (very common occurance) somehow surprised a wolf at a deer kill (that alone will inflame many normally sane people to murder) and deccided to run down the wolf and kill it for doing what comes naturally to one of his kind. Enough said.

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

it would be very VERY hard to purposely run over a wolf,, in fact, unless it stood still, about impossible,,,, no, not all snowmobilers are idots [​IMG] ,, they were "small town folk" before they were on snowmobiles,, maybe all small town folks are idiots??
    i have seen MANY animals get confused when theres 5 or 6 snowmobiles zooming around on the paths, and small trails,, and run in front of the snowmobiles,,,all that said,,,,,,,,, what a herd of idoits [​IMG] and to think, they couldnt "think this through" enough to come up with how it was gonna end [​IMG] do ya think their smart enough to kill a wolf when trying to? [​IMG]

9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    So sorry...I see the error of my ways...having not been there I could not have known the circumstances...I obviously did not know that wolves had started attending major universities and were capable of such profound thoughts...They must make such better decisions than all the other animals that get run over on accident across the nation...I know wolves never get run over...probably nothing to do with their lower numbers...I also realize that animal snowmobile collisions are so non existant...I apologize for my ignorance and open mindedness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by