Oh ohhh, Gurty my rouen hen Woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by happyhens44, Mar 11, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I heard gurty yelling up a storm and I look out my window and see that she had My Rhode island hen by the breast feathers pulling her out of the coop, And my RIR diddent know what to think, The RiR looked stunned. Gurty...Gurty..Gurty... needs to go back to bed [​IMG]

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Nevermind. I have 2 ducks. And I guess they HATE Red my RIR because they wont even let Red come out of the coop, Everytime Red comes near the coop door my Drake and hen chae her into the coop. Why are they being mean??? there only being mean to her.

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have never had any of my ducks be mean to my chickens.
    MOF, my ducks are afraid of my chickens even though my chickens ignore them.
    Now the new Muscovy have been snapping at the other ducks but no one has pulled any feathers out.

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:Shes not pulling feather out. But Red has a additude, Maybe Red pecked Gurtrude/ Gurty and made her mad....

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    Sounds like Gurty is Sargeant Gurty...don't mess with her.

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Hahaha! I already have a chicken named Sargeant Mayahm but shes a push over [​IMG]

7. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    My ducks HATE the chickens. When I had them living together, they would spend the entire day poking the chickens with their beaks. Now and then, I'd see them grab some feathers. The chickens tried their best to stay away from them.

Good luck.

8. tinychicky

tinychicky Songster

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    wow i wouldn't mess with [​IMG] today. poor RIR, she probably didn't know what hit her! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: