Oh so cute, but what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WindGypsy, Mar 12, 2013.

1. WindGypsy

WindGypsy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    I went to the feed store, which I honestly should not do alone and unsupervised because I came home with another 10 babies today. What's another 10 right??? Besides look at them!! I snatched all of the ones in these colors, I asked the girl helping with chicks if she knew what the mixed batch was and she said they got in 500 without a list of what they were. Would you lovely people mind helping a lady out with ideas as to what my pretty ladies might be?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    does the black and white one have feathered legs or clean and what color are the legs, the first chick same thing? they look like a blue Andalusian and then a sliver lakenvelder but this depends on what their legs look like

3. WindGypsy

Mar 9, 2013
    I got so excited to take pictures I forgot all about their little feet! Here are some more pictures hopefully they help!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WindGypsy

Mar 9, 2013
    Here are a couple of updated photos of our cute little ladies, we're still super curious about what they could be! I grabbed all of the grayish ones out of a bin and now that they're starting to feather out they're becoming super interesting! Only one of the cuties has feathers on her feet and we've lovingly named her Frodo because of the hobbits feet of course!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    silver sebright
    unknown...maybe a wyandotte
    light brahma
    self blue oegb

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  6. WindGypsy

Mar 9, 2013
    Thank you!! I suppose I got a great mixture without meaning too! Here's another one I forgot all about Luck! She escaped and we could find her..we assumed one of the cats got her. The next morning we found he huddled in the wood stall peeping away...I have no idea how she lasted the night alone in the dark and rain..
    [​IMG]

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a blue oegb or blue dutch hard to tell which at this age

8. WindGypsy

Mar 9, 2013
    Yay thanks so much for all of your help, I'm sure I'll update again I'm always out there snapping photos of them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by