oh so now you can sing to?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by peep this, May 15, 2011.

1. peep this

peep this Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    yesterday we had to quarantine our Luna because of the sores starting on her feet she is very angry about this because shes one of our socialites and our best egg layer. she also is one of our mommy's girls. shes staying in the old sea bright pen an old com poster put on the side of the dining room wall with a light water and food spoiled treats to many shavings ect. while the family was talking over dinner she would inject into the conversation at random moments with buuuurrr bur bur bur bur? bur bur bur. it was rather amusing so we would answer her with a chicken cluck cluck there and such.
    we have a golden retriever and a hunting cat our dog Andrew was raised with Luna so they know each other and while she walks around he'll lay along the pen next to her and huff a breath or two so shes not alone. the cat how ever is a new comer and thinks the chickens are like the mice he is supposed to catch and trys to hunt them. and thats what he was trying to do this morning while luna was trying to lay her egg. Me and the dog had already gotten the really sary raptor hisssss i will eat your heart then spit it back out response from her and were avoiding the area all together when Tardis walks in...
    Andrew and i gave each other knowing stairs and i went back to finishing up my English essay he went back to lounging on my lap. next thing you hear is a "nyanyah" and "hisssERRRRBURRRRRR BUUURRRRR" and the cat runs out and under my legs with only what can be called as a dejected yelp.
    then she proceeded to on time (1:00 on the dot) lay us a HUGE egg and quietly tell me.
    After this drama Andrew and i were sweeping up (he just followed behind me) while i sang along to some music and Luna the strange chicken she is started singing along with the music! she sings the melody of listen to your heart now XD it makes a mother so proud!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LfH1jjOf594/Tc9BShPJIkI/AAAAAAAAADs/j-HMrL-Ok5o/s1600/IMG_7220.JPG <~ is our fat little luna ^^ https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...rI/AAAAAAAAAA0/Fd-t2WqrsNQ/s1600/IMG_2798.jpg <~ her again

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    My she is lovely, what breed is she? And she sings! What a great bonus!

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Wow! You got a talented bird there! Maybe she should try out for american idol! [​IMG]

4. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    haha Nice

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. peep this

peep this Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    hehe yes i think were going to have a family talk about this! she certainly can get some votes on the only chicken competing part of the competition! since she has a talent of cutting off people XD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by