1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh that darn chicken math!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mduerksen, Mar 23, 2015.

1. mduerksen

mduerksen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    3 weeks ago I bought 6 baby chicks from TSC well 2 didn't even make it home so TSC said I could get 2 the following week when their next shipment came in (the nearest TSC sells out of chicks with in hours).

So when I went to get 2 more I walked out with 3.

THEN our local hardware store got chicks in today. This is the first time EVERY they have done it. We love in a town of 1100 so demand isn't high. We all drive 30 miles to the town with TSC, and grocery stores. Anyway I said it was OK to go look since I don't have money for new chicks. Well my son used HIS own money to buy one.

So I had convinced my husband to let me get 4 chicks this year, now we have 8!!

That dang chicken math

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    That's funny! Chicken math is great! Build a large coop bc by next year, you may have 20. What's one or two or three more? [​IMG] Welcome to our flock! [​IMG]

3. mduerksen

mduerksen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015

we have a larger brooder so our coop is only 1/2 done. I found out that the local hardware store will get EE on 4/20. I may sneak in and get 2. I am sure hubby will never actually stand and count the chicks. ;)

4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Here's what to say: Well, honey, they told me I had to take both of these and both of those because they are twins![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by