Oh, the addiction!!! Somebody stop me!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by georgialee, Feb 14, 2011.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    It's awful. I have an incubator and a hatcher. And then I saw more eggs I wanted and bought another incubator that should be here this week.

I have my own mf cochin eggs to set and have bought LF cochin eggs, wheaten marans, olive eggers, wheaten pendesencas and I have my eye on some blue wheaten ameraucanas. So that's 4 dozen ++++++. I would be in BIG trouble if I had a cabinet incubator, lol.

Oh, and hubby is gone for valentine's day and didn't get my anything so he had this coming. [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm afraid I cannot help you. I, too, like so many of us frequenting this forum, suffer from the same addiction to hatching.

But hey, you are in WONDERFUL company!!!

Everybody welcome georgialee!!! [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    There no help......there is no cure......and we are ALL a bunch of enablers here.

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh you guys are SO funny!" HUBBY had it coming?" OMG! I have 16 Silkie Eggs on the way, a new bator, On waiting list for Call Duck Eggs and Lucily I lost in the bidding for MORE silkie eggs!

5. HatchingFever

HatchingFever Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    lol i just set 36 eggs i love hatching eggs and i always make around 20.00 after i hatch!

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I am setting duck eggs this weekend from my own runners and calls. I can't wait! I sold all the ducks from my last hatch so they were only here to greet me with their cutness for a few days. Must Have More!!!!!

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I haven't ventured into ducks yet. I'm scared if I do that I won't be able to stop. There's something about runner ducklings (and really any ducklings, if I'm honest) that is irresistable. [​IMG]

8. macdoogle

macdoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    It's all his fault. If only he had gotten you flowers and chocolates. Yeah right.. eggs and incubators are addictive.

9. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Quote:There is nothing cuter than a baby duckling!!!! I have 8 of my own indian runner eggs in the bator! My bator hold 123 eggs at a time. And is usually always full. Then I have a hatcher. The bator was overflowing last week, so I had to put the 85 quail eggs into the hatcher (using it as a bator) a few days early. HAHAHA [​IMG]

The addiction only seems to get worse! I have my own breeding flocks now laying like crazy and I can't even fit all the eggs from my birds into the bator! So I came up with this smart idea to do some egg swaps here on BYC. Well darn it, I forgot that you get some eggs back too! Then I tried to sell some, give some away, eat some etc.....

Last time I counted I have about 250 birds......shhhh don't tell hubby!

10. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh the chickeny joy!

We are such enablers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by