Oh, the Drama!!! WTT. Long, sorry.

LarryPQ

Easter Hatch!!
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
OK- so this may come off snippy, but I am annoyed. Sorry for the attitude
smile.png

A while back my sister, a great cultivator of melodrama, decided to marry a tool. Once, before they started dating, he told me the NSA tried to recruit him out of high school. **sigh** He then told me his IQ was 137...I was a big girl and did not tell him what I tested out at.

ANYWHOO, he is nice enough, worships my sister, and is relatively harmless. I have been supportive, helpful, and always welcoming. When he flew into town to look for jobs, I took the day off, drove him to interviews, took him to lunch, and had him stay at our house. I even made him pancakes. However, Captain NSA and I have mutually agreed we will probably never be BFF. I am too strong-willed, witchy, and pragmatic, he is too arrogant and a genius.

A year before they got married, my sister called and asked me which of 3 dates she should choose. I told her 2 of 3 were ok, but I was travelling for work the third date. She chose the third date (of course). Despite my best efforts, I could not change it. I RSVP'd, but she didn't get the postcard. She never called to say, "Hey, where''s my RSVP? You coming or what?" It was never brought up in coversation.

So, she spent 2 years telling everyone how awful I was, how much I hated her husband, and how by not RSVP'ing I was attempting to "snub" her hubby.
tongue.png

Fast forward: In invite her to all our parties, send them holiday cards, and am nice at family functions. Her 2nd nephew turns 1 soon. I sent her and Captian an invite (via evite.com--ran out of time for paper notes this year). She viewed the invite, but did not click yes or no. Soooo funnny. Then she sent me an email berating me for something unrealated and in the post script wrote:

"As for the party, thank you for the invite, but we are just not there yet."

Um, ok. This party is about the kiddos, not me. She can see (via evite) there will be lots of people there, and TONS of kids. I will be occupied hosting and herding children. If she doesn't want to hang out with me, it probably isn't an issue.

Her nephews see her picture on the fridge and ask who she is. Then she gets mad at family functions because the boys cry when she picks them up and totes them around. It is one thing if she lived far, but she is in town. She is trying to "hurt" me but is really just depriving herself of her (possibly the cutest) nephews, ever.

Anyway, just had to vent. Her melodramatics don't usually bug me, but I envision another Christmas dinner of her crying because the babies don't want to be held by a stranger. Thanks for letting me purge the urge to be childish and petty. Altough I suppose venting anonymously on a public forum is not all that adult either...

My name is Laree, and I am trying to become a better person.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

this is why i dont talk to my sister..

lets just say she is a heck of a lot worse

What is it with sisters? I can tell my stepbrother he is being a jerk, kick him in the happy place, run over his cat and all will be forgiven the next time I see him.

Theoretically speaking of course. I haven't done any of those things.

Have you told your sister what you just told a bunch of random ppl on the internet? That's she's being petty and childish and that it's not you she's hurting but the children?

Yes I did. I figured the post was already too long.

When I responded to her email I said, (and I am cutting and pasting)

"Okie dokie. We may not be there yet, but the party is for the boys. I will be busy elsewhere. Too bad you won't be attending."

Quote:
I get along well with my little sister, but she is the coolest person on the face of the earth.
smile.png

Sorry, that you have a beach for a sibling. Because that is what it sounds like she is.

You are being mature to take the high road. I think that I would have told her off by now.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

We have a similar situation with DH stepsisters. They cannot forgive or forget the perceived snub, so we don't socialize. Can't force family to move on, what do ya do?
hu.gif

Quote:
Exactly... I have a sign hanging up in my house: "Getting a dog is our only chance to choose a relative..." Always choose your battles wisely, and it doesn't sound like this is one you need to be bothered with
idunno.gif
Sounds like she just wants it to continue, so you need to keep it from doing that as much as possible
smile.png

See, i wouldnt worry about it. Stop sending her invites..Stop (basically) begging her to be in your life. Just so she can shoot you down and be rude to you? Nah..i would not do it..
My opinion is, if she wants to be a jerk..so be it!(its NOT your problem).. Let HER come to you the next time. I would not be in contact with her at all...

I love my siblings ... even more now ..

I'm so sorry you're going through this ..
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom