1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh! the happy sound of new babies!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hen Mother, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Hen Mother

Hen Mother Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    California Delta
    After weeks and weeks of endless waiting -- well, maybe it was only 14 days -- but you know how time drags and drags when you are waiting for fluffy bundles of happiness [​IMG] -- our babies are here!! [​IMG]

We now have two brooders with 57 cheeping chicks (31 regular chicks in one and 26 bantams in the other)

[​IMG]

We haven't had chickens for awhile and we were SO SO SO ecstatic that they arrived and were just as cute and adorable and wonderful and funny as we remembered them being. We had agreed to not name the chickens (straight run) until we knew who was staying/laying and who would be chilling (in the freezer), but I was the first to break the rule [​IMG] and named the littlest bantam, who we think is a Red Pyle OEG, Sweet Pea. Too much fun!

Thankful for my Lord, my husband, 3 sons, 1 daughter, 2 dogs, and 57 fluffy balls cheeping of love

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    They are so precious! Congrats on your new bunch of babies and enjoy![​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    They so cute!!!!

4. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Adorable!!!

5. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    OME!!!
    xD
    they are darling!!!!
    i miss have'in little fuzzy butts to take care of and shtuff...now they're all big and they dont really care if they get any love'in :\\
    and i love the egg carton idea for the feeders :O
    i would have never thought of that! thats smart..lol
    and good luck with your chicks!!!

6. Hen Mother

Hen Mother Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    California Delta
    Thank you thank you! They are doing great and we've had fun identifying the bantams in our 'grab-bag-special'. Let's see: a few silkies - white, buff and black; a few red pyle OEG's; a mottled cochin; a silver sebright; a few silver duckwing OEG's; one that's possibly a mille fleur. We'll have to wait for the rest to develop to find out what they are!

Our regular chicks are australorps, red stars, easter eggers, buff orps, and silver laced wyandottes!

To thechickengoesRAWR:
    Actually the egg carton idea I got from looking at pictures on the forum here! [​IMG] It was really great for the first day because it's so open it lets most of them feed at one time.

Thankful for my Lord, my husband, 3 sons, 1 daughter, 2 dogs, and 57 fluffy balls cheeping of love

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

congratulations on your new babies! Aren't they just irresistible? Enjoy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by