Oh, the indignity of buying eggs at the store

Actually re: my last post this reminds me of a guy up the road who.. presumably, has chickens. Has one of those TSC 4x8 ish coup/run affairs, seems like it has lots of windows, never a chicken outside the run anytime i have ever driven by and lights on all night. I don’t know how many chickens might be there, but it seems a little too egg factory for my taste.

Fish meal is actually added to feed so that would be fine to add. There’s a company here in the US that sells it. Can’t remember the name. A handful of dry fish based dog or cat food would help too and dried meal worms since these are protein rich and that’s what feathers are.

@casportpony @isaac have you ever given Methionin to your birds? I've never heard of that so was just checking. I looked it up and I'm not so sure.

I have never heard of it, nor have I used it. Looking at the web, it appears to be a common amino acid ingredient in poultry feeds and plays a role in protein synthesis. I have never found the need to give supplemental sources of protein during molting, but if that were wished to be accomplished, I feel that could easily be achieved by switching over to a feed higher in protein for the time being.

@casportpony @isaac have you ever given Methionin to your birds? I've never heard of that so was just checking. I looked it up and I'm not so sure.
I have not given it, but I know it's important, and I think ducklings, poults, and peachicks need more than chicken chicks, but not 100% sure.

My freeloaders haven’t given me an egg since November, and at that it was just the runners, doesn't stop the incessant demand for morning mealworms while i schlep water to fill their buckets and pool. nor Does it stop the loud protest when their evening peas don’t get delivered promptly enough upon my arrival home at night.
Sounds like they rule the roost!

Back
Top Bottom