Oh............The Insanity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by millebantam, Dec 24, 2008.

1. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    This has to be a new record for hatching eggs. Has the Christmas season caused people to lose their minds? If you wanna see something crazy, check out item #230315170830 on Ebay. Yikes!!!!

2. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Wow... more than a little too pricey for me...

3. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    The bidders must really have money to burn. That is nuts!

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

DANG!! I don't think I spent that much on all my chickens or feed for 2 years!!

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I got my eggs from her, and the first pullet to start laying I was VERY pleased with the color of my eggs. I am growing out seven pullets from this exact clutch as we speak and hope for some repeat performances in the spring.
    [​IMG]

6. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Oh, please believe me. I'm not knocking the quality of the stock. Actually, it appears that this seller has everything that one would want in a Copper Black Marans. I'm just blown away by what someone is willing to pay for six shipped eggs in the dead of winter.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    a lot of her buyers are local, and she will hatch out your chicks for an extra fifteen dollars. So all they have to do is go pick up chicks three weeks later. I live close by her and I picked up my eggs in person and just slid them under a broody and I was off and running. That was in February, and entertainment wise, best $96 I ever spent. It is WAY cheaper to buy quality stock than it is to try to breed up to it from lesser stock. This I know from "breeding up" from foundation quarter horses to world champion halter paints. Only took about twenty years and a cadrillion dollars, LOL. It was fun, but if I had to do it over again, I'd start with WAY better horses. Same thing for chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by