Oh, the irony of it all!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lothiriel, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Just had to "rant" a bit. Not really rant... Perhaps "grumble" or "complain" would be better terms, or even "blabber."

Today has been one of "those" days where people in the household just can't get along. This past week was really hectic and busy and stressful, what with getting the heifer and the horse and all the stuff that goes along with making huge decisions.

My two younger siblings decided that today was a good day to have terrible attitudes about doing their schoolwork, so my mom got all stressed and upset about that. Then we found out that we're feeding the heifer too much, so my mom and sister got all mad at each other, and a big argument ensued which involved the blame game and pointing fingers. After that was put on simmer, my dad and little brother had some argument outside, on who knows what, so they got grumpy at each other.

A few minutes ago it was discovered that my older sister is super mad at my dad for some reason that's still out there undiscovered in the universe, so they were standing there yelling at each other and stomping feet, with me in the middle.

And here am I. The youngest adult in the house, the only one keeping a clear calm head through it all; I'm the one who had to clarify grossly exaggerated blaming statements and quotations; I'm the one who had to tell them they were acting like kids.

I completely understand my mom's side. She doesn't handle stress very well at all, and a couple health issues have come up from that, for which she's going to see a doctor tomorrow. She did a lot of research on her symptoms and found that the best "treatment" is to eliminate the stress factor. I can't imagine how hard it has been for her. She was just saying earlier (to me... I seem to be the only one nobody's mad at and not mad at anybody else) that she wishes she could get a "Doctor's Orders" paper tomorrow, that says that everyone must listen to her and do as she says with no arguing, and nobody is allowed to argue with her.

Anyway... I'm done now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Hang in there. I know what it is like to be 'the one in the middle'. I played peace maker in my birth family for the longest while. It is a tough spot to be in - I wish the best for your Mom.

4. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    [​IMG] Cross my fingers, that tomorrow is a better day for you and your family

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Sounds terrible! Why don't you take your mom out for a coffee and get away from the chaos? A note from the doctor sounds like a good idea, stick it on the fridge so the rest of the family gets reminded all the time.
    Good luck [​IMG]

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] and [​IMG] for a better day, today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by