Oh, the smell of burning hair

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rooster0209, Apr 25, 2009.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I was just making homemade pizza for supper when I noticed smoke coming from the living room. On a table I had a candle and I was afraid one of the cats had knocked it over. I ran in there and looked around and got a full whiff of burning hair.

All three cats sit and look at me. On the table is a chunk of burnt hair that belonged to haybales. The notoriously troublemaking, one eyed, furr machine with the big bushy tail (part maine coon) is sitting in the floor surrounded my black balls. I grab him and check his face & ears for damage. The under side of his tail is very short and full or more black balls of burnt hair.

He takes all this in stride. Not the least bit bothered that he could have burned himself or burned the house down. However he fusses and hisses as I comb out the burned hair. [​IMG]

So please beware all cat owners, watch your candles alot closer than I was today!

2. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    [​IMG]
    tahnks

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    my mother in law seems to think i dont keep candles burning bc of the kids...it is actually bc my buff maine coon set his whiskers and eyebrows on fire 3 yrs ago. darn candles!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Cats are 24/7 entertainment!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Every kitten I ever had burned his/her whiskers off on one side and spent a few weeks walking into walls on that side. [​IMG]

6. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I had a long haired cat jump on my desk and calmly set her tail on fire with the flame from my candle. And she was so irritated with me as I tried to put the fire on her tail out. She was really put out.

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Glad he wasn't hurt, but oh my! [​IMG]

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    We used to have a Siamese when I was really little. That cat was a card. He had such a personality. One of the things that he did on a regular basis was to jump up on the stove to sleep close to the pilot light. I remember several occasions in the middle of the night waking to the shreeky merrrooooow he let out when he accidentally turned the knob with his paw only to land on top of the flame he lit.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When we first got Bugsy, I was roasting a chicken. Apparently the smell was too much for him and when I opened the over door he jumped right in. SCREECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAARRROOO! He was fine, but boy did he make a racket.

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:OH that's so great (by great I mean terrible!) but sooooooooo funny!

My pets are notoriously good. Me however, I burned my extension cord on my brooder light. Melting PVC doesn't smell so great either. grrrr

I also singed all the hair off of my right arm burning brush this past week. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by