1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OH this is just crazy PIC!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Goose and Fig, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My Bernese Mtn dog busted out the window today. Knocked the air conditioner right out. I thought- "Oh well- he just missed us and he's getting old and senile".

So later on, I was tending the garden & animals and went to feed the "only out when the chickens are in" dogs. My female Great Pyr is GONE! I'm running around calling her, the other dog (big dumb lab) is barking like crazy. I feed him so he shuts up. Then I see Stella peek her head out from under a 6" tall platform that she sleeps on. I hear wimpering. OMG. [​IMG]

This dog is BIG. Not only did she squeeze herself under the platform, she delivered 6 adoreable black puppies under there too. We didn't even know she was pregnant! She's such a huge fluffball anyway, you couldn't tell a bit.

I know, I know- I shoulda had her fixed. But the upside is my Bernese is the most laid back sweet dog ever. I always wanted puppies from him, and he's going to be 10 next week (old for a big guy). Stella is young and has boundless energy and a great temperment. It's the perfect mix for us. We have 40 acres of dog playground, and I just might have enough family to find homes for a few of them. Whew- what a day! Can't wait til they're cleaned up to get some pics [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I can't wait to see them!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Exactly! [​IMG]

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Are they clean yet. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Mom is still all muddy, but they're all settled in [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    oh!! I want one!!!! they are so cute!!!

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW***************************

You've just receive a great Surprise blessed day.......Wow, I think all the critters knew BUT you....Funny, how they all seem to know when somethings up,.......

CUtie pie babies!

Thanks for sharing....

8. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    OH MY GOSH!! With those two breeds, those pups are going to be wonderful!!! Congrats!!

9. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwwwwwwww!!!! They are SO cute!!!! Black puppies with a snow white momma. [​IMG] Puppy Love!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  10. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    She had another one! It's all white like momma [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by