Oh those crazy girls!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by diggypaws, Jan 8, 2011.

1. diggypaws

diggypaws Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Most of my coturnix are mellow enough to sit on the scales when I weigh them, but this is the first time I've had some crowd around, line up, and get on the scales themselves!!!!

I brought 3 brown females in to weigh, one of them knows the routine well enough to climb on the scales all by herself, another took a look and decided to join her, climbed on next to the first one, and they just sat there together for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

me too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess if you're a quail, just hangin' out, the scale is as good a place as any [​IMG]

So now these will have to be sold for egg layers / pets, cause those babies ain't going in the stew pot.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    That is really cute!

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Birds ...that's the way to stay out of "freezer camp" !

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:LOOK ROZZIE! THATS WHAT A HEN IS.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SORRY HAD TO GO THERE...[​IMG]

5. mhwc56

Harsh JJ , Harsh! LOL [​IMG]

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I KNOW I KNOW... BUT WE ONLY PICK ON HER BECAUSE WE LOVE HER.... SHE IS AFTERALL THE RESIDENT TREE HUGGER HERE ON THE FORUM. AND SHE HAS THICK SKIN AND GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR I KNEW SHE COULD TAKE THE JOKE WHEN I TYPED IT [​IMG]

7. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ahem. Remember, my Roosterbator broke this time. I actually have proof that hens CAN hatch on this property -- 66% hens from the last batch.

Speaking of crazy birds, I have a crazy roo who has started greeting me with some odd sound in his throat. Every time I go down, he starts this sort of trilling, chattering noise in his throat. It is clearly directed at me. I can't decide if it's a "hey, I'm happy to see you" or if it means "&^%$#$#@ I HATE YOU!"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    It took some smashing on your part to get it that way now didn't it. I don't think it broke without some form of interference.

9. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    LOL. That might have worked, except it's a Brinsea. Too expensive to smash it. [​IMG]

Just took some better parent stock. [​IMG]

Of course, the top-secret ceremonies performed at midnight on the night before they were expected to hatch might have made a difference, too...
    [​IMG]

10. mhwc56

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ahem. Remember, my Roosterbator broke this time. I actually have proof that hens CAN hatch on this property -- 66% hens from the last batch.

Speaking of crazy birds, I have a crazy roo who has started greeting me with some odd sound in his throat. Every time I go down, he starts this sort of trilling, chattering noise in his throat. It is clearly directed at me. I can't decide if it's a "hey, I'm happy to see you" or if it means "&^%$#$#@ I HATE YOU!"

that sounds like a ...uhhh...i LOOOOOVE you ! i want to MARRRRRY you.... my M.G. roo sometimes makes that noise to his girls just before he ...eh hem...gets lovey dovey with 1 of them.....just sayin' . LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by