Oh well thats just great!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Dec 23, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I just got 3 maran eggs, 1 LS (i think), and a mystery egg i was going to put in the incubator with my other 16 eggs and it would be like a stacked hatch (wich i could use some pointers on that..) and guess what i did tring to candle the eggs for meat spots, etc.? I dropped the flash light on 2 of the maran eggs! [​IMG] 1 i managed to put some wax on but the other was cracked really bad and i had to throw it. Do you think the cracked egg will hatch?
    Oh and what should i do about the eggs being due on different dates? there is a 5 day difference between the due date for the eggs so should i just let the new eggs sit in the incubator with the ones due on that date or what?
    Any information is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    ~Bri

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Get another incubator.

Problem solved.

3. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    Boy! I don't have advice yet since this is my first hatch, but I will help you get out your frustrations....[​IMG]

4. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:I have another one but it is older... and i really dont want to have to use it unless i really have to.

5. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I have a bator full of eggs. One batch hatched last week. I just put them in a egg carton after taking out the turner racks. Once they came out of that shell I put them in the brooder. They all survived. Now I have a bunch more due tomorrow. I have already put them in open egg cartons and removed the rest of the turner. Seems to work ok. If you need a couple more maran eggs I will gladly send you some for the cost of shipping. My black copper just started laying eggs and it would be good for me to know if they are fertile. I have some downstairs and am going to put them in the bator Friday If you want a few of the next ones she lays I will gladly send you a few.

6. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Use your older one for a hatcher. Just transfer the eggs into it after you candle on day 18 and leave the others that still need to be turned in you newer bator. Of course this is assuming that your old bator will hold temp and humidity, but you have a couple of weeks to mess with it. Good luck!

7. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks everyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by