1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oh What A Surprise I got Today...............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mourningdove, May 10, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I know some of you may not care to read this but hey I am so happy and feel blessed right now that I have to share it with you all [​IMG]
    I started this mothers day off about normal, I got all the feeding done, came back in and had my coffee & got a bath then sat down and called my mother as she lives in another state. Then I went and did some laundry, made my bed and the phone rings.....my youngest daughter was calling to wish me happy mothers day and we talked awhile then she said she had to go and would call me back after a couple of hours and we hung up....I get busy doing other things then all of a sudden I hear a continual cars honking and when I looked out the window I saw 3 cars and 1 motorcycle pulling in!!!! I was like WOW!!!!!!!!!! In 1 car was my son & his wife and my grandson, in another car was my daughter and her 3 kids, the other car was my other daughter & her hubby with another grandkid and the motorcycle had the 1st daughters hubby driving it! By this point my son is getting out of his car yelling momma you got company!!!!!
    My son was carrying a dozen mauve roses and a cooked ham, and the others were carrying babies, food, and a special gift! They provided a cooked ham dinner and all the fixings, they even done the cleanup!!! The gift was a special photo they had made with 5 of my grandkids together and blown up and put in a cool mirror frame! I had such an awsome day and do feel loved [​IMG]
    I am sorry this is so long but I needed to share how wonderful my kids are! Thanks for listening!

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    How awesome is that?? What a cool way to surprise you. Congrats and Happy Mom's Day [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I can feel the love. [​IMG]

Sounds wonderful...Happy Mother's day to you.

hugs,
    gretch

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What a wonderful Mother's Day for you! What wonderful children you have... you are truly a blessed Mom. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

WOW what a cool Mothers Day gift from them all!!! That took som thought and planning to pull off!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful day. [​IMG]

6. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Oh thank you!! I am on cloud 9!! If your a momma happy mothers day to you too!

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    That sounds WONDERFUL!!! Sounds like you raised some awesome kids! [​IMG]

8. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I have goosebumps!! Happy Mother's Day!! What a nice surprise!!

9. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Aww, how sweet! What a reward to have your family truly appreciate you, and have a day in your honor![​IMG]

I had a nice Mother's Day, as well. My 12 year old daughter took me out to dinner last night. My youngest daughter gave me white roses, and my husband gave me red roses.

I worked today, and it was a good day there, too! Then, I came home and hung out in the coop for a little while. Nice way to wind down!

Happy Mother's Day, to all of us mothers! (Chicken Mommy's count, too!)

10. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Oh what an awesome surprise! Your kids are great! Probably because they have a great Mom!!! Someone had to show them how to be so sweet! Happy Mothers Day!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by