1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OHHH my babies ar sooo sweet. (LOTS OF PICS ADDED!!!!) :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Frozen Feathers, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    So I moved my young ones to the breeding pen since my tractor plans went splat. Well this afternoon I went out to check on them, and opened the door and they all came pouring out, like "hi, what have you got for us???" Well okay that's pretty cute but then as I was standing there watching them peck at the grass and whatever bug came by, I suddenly had three babies on my shoulders. Hiro, my little Silkie/Phoenix mutt, Whisper, my EE and one of my Yokohamas, (she has no name...yet [​IMG] ), decided to fly up and make themselves known. I never expected it, especially from my Yokohama, she's rather shy. This is the friendliest bunch of chicks I've had. I don't think I played with them anymore then any other bunch, but it's just awesome. Oh and while I had chicks on my shoulders I had ducklings-if you can even call them that anymore- trying to eat my shoes. Just had to share. I thought it was cute. I'll take some pics and post them later... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    can't wate to see the pics![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    It's sweet when they fly on your shoulders. I had to learn the hard way...NO spaghetti strap shirts in the chicken yard!!!!

4. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Pics as promised... sorry dial-uppers [​IMG] there's a lot...

Blue Swedish, Unka and White and Fawn Runner, Daisy think my shoes and ratty jeans are interesting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Unka compared to the chicks.
    [​IMG]
    Daisy
    [​IMG]
    Unka
    [​IMG]
    Daffny, Black Runner
    [​IMG]

Some of the chicks "grazing"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turkens
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hiro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Whisper
    [​IMG]
    My daughter holding Hiro and then holding a Yokohama

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last but not least, had to add pics of the goats
    Mary
    [​IMG]
    Jack
    [​IMG]

MMMMMmmmmm there is a smudge on my camera lens [​IMG] Oh well, hope you all like them anyway....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  5. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Beautiful chickens! [​IMG]
    I like your ducks. Were did you get you Indian Runner? He is beautiful!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008
  6. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    From Ideal Hatchery, along with the rest of the chicks, except Hiro. He/she is homegrown... [​IMG]

7. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    LOL!!! I just noticed that in the picture behind Whisper you can see my daughter actually in the breeding pen...What a goober she is!! I did know she was in there, but didn't realize I actually took a picture of her in the act... people must think I'm a strange mother, letting the chicks wander the yard and penning the child... [​IMG]

8. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG] I just noticed that too! Thats hilarious! [​IMG] We might think your a strange mother if you put it that way. [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Nothing wrong with penning up every now and again...it gives the critters time to roam around and play. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gorgeous babies....furry, feathered and human!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by