OHHH my babies ar sooo sweet. (LOTS OF PICS ADDED!!!!) :)

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
So I moved my young ones to the breeding pen since my tractor plans went splat. Well this afternoon I went out to check on them, and opened the door and they all came pouring out, like "hi, what have you got for us???" Well okay that's pretty cute but then as I was standing there watching them peck at the grass and whatever bug came by, I suddenly had three babies on my shoulders. Hiro, my little Silkie/Phoenix mutt, Whisper, my EE and one of my Yokohamas, (she has no name...yet
sad.png
), decided to fly up and make themselves known. I never expected it, especially from my Yokohama, she's rather shy. This is the friendliest bunch of chicks I've had. I don't think I played with them anymore then any other bunch, but it's just awesome. Oh and while I had chicks on my shoulders I had ducklings-if you can even call them that anymore- trying to eat my shoes. Just had to share. I thought it was cute. I'll take some pics and post them later...
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sweet when they fly on your shoulders. I had to learn the hard way...NO spaghetti strap shirts in the chicken yard!!!!

Pics as promised... sorry dial-uppers
hmm.png
there's a lot...

Blue Swedish, Unka and White and Fawn Runner, Daisy think my shoes and ratty jeans are interesting.
100_2597.jpg

100_2596.jpg

100_2592.jpg

Unka compared to the chicks.
100_2588.jpg

Daisy
100_2594-1.jpg

Unka
100_2585-1.jpg

Daffny, Black Runner
100_2580.jpg

Some of the chicks "grazing"
100_2581.jpg

100_2587.jpg

Turkens
100_2579.jpg

100_2590.jpg

Hiro
100_2593-1.jpg

100_2586.jpg

Whisper
100_2600.jpg

My daughter holding Hiro and then holding a Yokohama

100_2584.jpg

100_2583.jpg

And last but not least, had to add pics of the goats
Mary
100_2602.jpg

Jack
100_2604.jpg

MMMMMmmmmm there is a smudge on my camera lens
roll.png
Oh well, hope you all like them anyway....

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!!! I just noticed that in the picture behind Whisper you can see my daughter actually in the breeding pen...What a goober she is!! I did know she was in there, but didn't realize I actually took a picture of her in the act... people must think I'm a strange mother, letting the chicks wander the yard and penning the child...
hmm.png

Nothing wrong with penning up every now and again...it gives the critters time to roam around and play.
gig.gif
lau.gif

Gorgeous babies....furry, feathered and human!

Back
Top Bottom