Ohhh My Gosh~ The parakeets busted in on the chicken party!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffanyg2, May 13, 2011.

1. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    I went to fill up my coffee cup and looksi what I found.... the parakeets hanging out with the chickens!! [​IMG] LOL My farm is funny~ atleast we can all get along! [​IMG] At first I was scared the chickens might peck them but they kinda look like they don't mind eachother... Haha
    "Laugh Often~Love Much~Live Loudly" ~[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks like the chicken is curious to!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    haha my cockatiels don't like the chickens one bit, except for my girl "visits" one big hen through the patio door a lot.

Be prepared for people to warn you about them passing disease to each other but if one doesn't have it, then it can't pass it on to the other. Mine have been in close proximity for over a year and neither "cage" birds nor chickens have been ill.

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    aww, how sweet. Love your BO's. I only have two (lost one to a raccoon) but hands down they are the sweetest and most gentle chickens. Their feathers are like silk, and I love their sweet peeps when you hold them. Just love Buffs! [​IMG]

4. hbwbk

hbwbk Out Of The Brooder

Very cool we have 4 finches 2 zebra and 2 society they don't come out of the cages but on nice days they can visit out side.[​IMG]

5. andrew6d9

andrew6d9 Chillin' With My Peeps

not trying to be bossy or anything but you should have bedding down for the chickens. again i'm not trying to be bossy or anythiny.

6. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] I love the second picture. "Whatchu doin' up dere?"

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

My parakeets love harassing chicks. [​IMG]

The tiel on the other hand hisses and tries to make them go away. LOL

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Oh that is FUNNY! [​IMG] You have nice 'keets I used to have some too. By the way, you spelled "moluccan" wrong. Sorry, I just HAD to say that, you probably know anyway.

9. Moonkit

Moonkit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Richardson, Texas
    Quote:You don't "have" to have bedding.. there are brooder cages with a wire bottom. It looks like she's keeping them inside for now, which means they'd likely simply kick out bedding. Everyone has their own methods. Some use pine shavings/chips, some use straw, others tshirts and towels.. to each their own.

I love the 2nd picture with the chick looking up at the keets. That's great! One think I wonder about for when I finally get my chicks is how my 'tiels and conures will react to them.

10. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    [​IMG] Keets don't count toward chicken math, do they? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by