Ohhh Summer Cold...how I Hate Thee!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Heathero617, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I'm the type of person who would much rather have a stomach virus over a cold any day. I thought I dodged this bullet untill 2 days ago when it hit be between the eyes with a vengance. My poor chickies havent been messed with much since I've gotten home and i KNOW they miss it and so do I. But I just don't have it in me to sit out there with them right now. I need a shopvac with a nostril attatchment and a constant flow of hotish liquid to keep the slime formation in my throat to a minimum.

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I hope you feel better soon. [​IMG] There is nothing worse to me than a cold in the summer. Yuck.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

First read-through I thought you said you HAD a shopvac with a nostril attachment - thought you'd found some advice to drain all that nasty stuff out (didn't pay attention to SHOP VAC...lol) and was going to ask you where in the world you found a treasure device like that [​IMG] I think someone would make a TON of money if they could invent something like that (NOT the baby snot sucker bulbs either [​IMG]). Sorry you're sick. I do the same, I always get my colds (usually 2x a year) during good weather - never in winter time for some reason. Feel better soon - your chickens NEED you!! Besides, if chicken soup helps, imagine how much sitting among a whole flock would help [​IMG]

4. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    no... i have found no such treasure as yet...sadly )O: but when I do...i'm going to market it for the genius who devises it!

I went out with them for a bit, my big boys are finally crowing up a storm...well they're still rusty sound kinda like me right now but the funniest thing was the little OEGB that escaped the masacre of his adoptive mother and 2 sibblings, is in his pen trying to mimic them LOL He's such a pipsqueek compared to the rocks and he sounds like it too..but he's certainly trying! He stretches his neck as far as he can, and he hops off the ground when he makes that teeny little squeeky noise. Then he fluffs his feathers like he's big, bad, and proud! Ohhh they amuse me so...

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    My kids have been sick. All I hear is *Why can't I get sick on a school day???*

Speedy healing!

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Very little more hateful than a summer cold. They seem to linger on for ever.

7. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Quote:exactly! ohh and the bouts of just simply cant keep my eyes open, but i have rugrats and napping is a no-no. I've tried twice today, without success.

8. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Took my kids and my Aunts Grandson to the hands on museum today. My kids are 4 and 7, they listen fairly well...the munchkin at 2 ...not so much. Wore me out to no end, didn't want to even get dressed today but...as my motherly duties insist on me actually caring for and entertaining my kids...i got up and got dressed, my mother insisted I drive..ohh yay >my excitement is unbearable isnt it?< So I drove her vehicle the hour to Johnson City, chased 3 kids around a crowded kids place for 4 hours and then drove back listening to them all complain how thursty, hot, hungry, and crowded they were. I'm ready for bed, the house is a disaster, my kids not bathed and i merely reheated leftovers for dinner. I HATE A SUMMER COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I mentioned this yet?

9. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

Ih ope you get well soon

Summer colds stink [​IMG]

10. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Thank you...i just feel like i've been hit by a steam roller....3 of them really ages 2,4, and 7! LOL I'd soooooooooo much ranter have a stomach thing, at least by now, day 4, i'd be over it. Summer colds do not know when to let go! Anyone who's looking to invest, might i suggest buying stock in popcicle? I've gone thru 2 boxes a day since Tuesday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by