Ohhh, what a deal!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by justusnak, Dec 7, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Right now, I am feeling pretty blessed....lucky...whatever ya want to call it. I have a friend she started as my egg customer. We hit it off pretty quick, and became good friends. She this last summer, got a few goats. She said she can not srink cows milk, and wanted to try the goats milk. Well, of course, this has helped her tremendously. She was haveing a hard time with IBS. A few weeks ago, her and I were talking, and Iw as telling her Iw as haveing terrible stomach cramps...and the a bad bout of diahreah(sp) She encouraged me to try some of her goats milk. I was hesitant, because cows milk really hurts my tummy.( and other parts) I tried a small glass....and about an hour later, no cramps! It actually tasted pretty darned good!! So, now....instead of selling her eggs...we trade..a quart of goats milk, for a dozen eggs. I get the yummy milk, and dont have to worry about the care of the goats!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    As The Great Depression II continues to deepen, I think we will see more of barter and trade.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I agree Mahonri. I am just glad I was able to find someone willing to barter with. She liked the idea of " no money between friends"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by