1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

OHHHH For the LOVE OF MUD and STENCH!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sally Sunshine, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

This year has been absolutely CRAZY WET!

I have NEVER had such
    :sick disgusting, nasty, sloppy, mucky, revolting, offensive, unpleasant, filthy, nauseatin, stinking, repelling, repugnant, VILE, gross, DETESTABLE, sickening, SKANKY, wicked,
    EVIL, atrocious, awful, odious, ghastly and did I mention FOUL? RUNS AND BACK YARD IN MY LIFE!!

:barnie
    The water is still standing in puddles even in the driveway stones!!! My dogs have my house a mess, not only the wet slop its when it dries it turns into dust and dust is covering EVERYTHING! I swear my vaccume is going to start sneezing its so dang dusty.

Imma bit MUDDDDDD STRESSED right now, anyone else?
    [​IMG]

I have ag limed and limed the runs and the rain just keeps rainin! I have added skids just to walk on! I give up, Imma sell or give away every dang thing that has a feather here!! I swear I am!!!

I think I need to vent and post a few mud jokes just to make myself feel better.....
    the stench, well I am still trying to forget about the stench!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tlmcq, lastco and Elyrian1 like this.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

DwayneNLiz, Chaos18 and Elyrian1 like this.
  3. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    UMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    look whats for supper, mud encased chicken!!!

[​IMG]

Chaos18 and Elyrian1 like this.
  5. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    It's easy, sunshine... Just build your house and pens on stilts. :lau

6. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

Other than a lot of our gravel lane being spread out across the yard, we're not in bad shape here, considering the shape we're in.

7. Elyrian1

Elyrian1 Songster

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    This, yes this right here is how I feel in some of the quarries I work out of. Blech

I feel your pain. How long does your monsoon season last? We should be switching from torrential downpours once a day to brief showers soon, but who knows in Colorado?

You need some muck boots, the shiny black ones of my youth are now cute colors and designs and not expensive online!

Sally Sunshine likes this.

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    really whites? its so nasty Imma move.... on a boat no land just a boat lol

Chaos18 likes this.
  9. Elyrian1

Elyrian1 Songster

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Sounds almost as though you don't have to move to live on that boat... just set it in your back yard. ;)

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you know this is very true lol

Chaos18 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by