oHHHHH NOOOOOO! help please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 6mutts, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 6mutts

6mutts Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    St. Clair, MO
    [​IMG]:hitMy broody has been sitting on 3 eggs for 2 weeks now. This morning when I went outside to give them fresh water, I must have forgotten to shut the door---the mom has been in her own area that the other hens cant get in---well sh eflew out because the door was open and i guess she couldn't get back up into the area. She was off the eggs for 9 HOURS almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily it was the warmest weather we've had all week, but still around 40*. Is there anyway those eggs are okay?

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    all you can do is pray, but 9 hours is a long time, they could have gotten chilled very quickly. All i can say is good luck! [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    They should be fine if she continues setting. Since they've cooled off the growth has slowed so they may hatch a day or two late, give them extra time. [​IMG] I've had similar situations when the power goes out and my bator is running. As soon as the bator heats up again the growth continues and the eggs hatch without problem just a bit late.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  4. 6mutts

6mutts Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    St. Clair, MO
    ok, im a little less worried now! I'll just have to wait and see! I candled them just yesterday and i really cant see a darned thing!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good luck, hope it works out! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by