Ohio - Australian Black Swan Male - 4Years Old

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Rowsdower, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Rowsdower

Rowsdower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    I am listing this bird for my mother. I will try to be as accurate as I can in his description, but feel free to ask questions if I am not clear. My mother acquired him as part of a pair a couple of years ago. His mate was killed just as they were starting to build a nest this Spring so he is not proven, but is certainly ready and eager. He's very friendly and healthy. My mother hates to see him go, but his pond was recently overtaken by her Mute Swans and their offspring (there are two ponds, but everyone seems to prefer this one) and they are keeping him out of the water at night so she's been forced to cage him to keep him safe from predators.
    If interested, message here or call (740) 642-3744

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    I feel so bad for him for loosing his mate just before nesting. Man! if I had a huge pond and 400$ I would buy him, but sadly I spent all that money on something else. you guys are really nice to him thank you for at leased trying to help him. I wish you good luck, and that those other swans would quit harassing him. he seems like a nice black swan. [​IMG]

3. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    Is this male swan still available?

4. Rowsdower

Rowsdower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Yes, he is. My mother had sort of resigned herself to keeping him as things had calmed down on the pond. But with spring approaching, things are heating up a bit again. He flogged the door of her car with his wing last week. LOL. Just to be sure that you are aware, we are in Ohio and do not know the first thing about shipping large birds.

5. GiddyGoose

GiddyGoose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2015
    Central KY
    We live in KY, but don't have $400 :( He'd be a spoiled pet if he came with us x) I hope he finds a wonderful home, poor fella deserves it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by