1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    I live in Vandalia, OH . . .in Montgomery County. We are just north of Dayton. Just wanting to see how many Ohioians are chicken "farmers". [​IMG]

Georgiastray, Tlmcq, Denessa and 2 others like this.
  2. turbo127

turbo127 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    hey there. not too far from you. i live just east of springfield. i raise chickens, ducks, turkeys and geese.
    marc

Georgiastray likes this.
  3. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Hi, we're from western Licking county (northeast of Columbus); we have 32 chickens of various breeds, sexes, sizes, and colors,,2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs (one is pregnant).

4. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    Great! Glad to know there are more Ohioians with chickens! Lets post pics of our chicks here and stories too. Not to be outta the main loop but to have our own side loop, ok?!

5. lexustami

lexustami Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    I'm in Belmont County... right on the Wheeling, WV-OH border.

Take care,

Tami

1 person likes this.
  6. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Do any of you guys sell eggs and what are you charging? We were charging 1.50 per dozen, 1.25 each for two dozen or more. Originally, people were looking at us like they thought that was expensive. Now, people are beginning to ask us for eggs, and they're looking at us like they think that's cheap. Ohio is notoriously cheap, so what d'ya think?

1 person likes this.
  7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    [​IMG]

I grew up in Olmstead Falls(southwest of Cleveland)[​IMG], but military and others have keept me away. But when I got chickens I got Buckeyes, so can I be a former BUCKEYE??? [​IMG]

Tlmcq likes this.
  8. littlelemon

littlelemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2007
    Ohio
    I am in NW Delaware county, right between Delaware, Marion and Marysville. I am picking up my 6 chicks tomorrow from Ridgeway Hatchery and the kids and I are excited! We are first time chicken owners [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    i'm NE of Springfield.

Georgiastray likes this.
  10. lkagop

lkagop New Egg

Aug 2, 2007
    Ohio
    Hi, there. I'm in Highland Co., OH. An hour from Cincy, Dayton, Columbus and Portsmouth. I'm in the process of acquiring my first flock, so no experience or pictures to share - yet!

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by