Ohio looking for a pet goat!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mistylady, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I have a very lonely goat! Our old goat passed away a few days ago. The young goat is totally lost. We would like to find a nice friendly small breed goat to keep him company and to eat weeds. In the winter the goatie would be barn kept and be able to go outside if the weather was decent. He/she would be well cared for and kept healthy. They would have a very good home! The reason we want a friendly goat is that I would like to be able to handle the goat enough to keep his/her hooves trimmed and the worming done. Any age goat is fine. I'll tend to an older one or cuddle a baby one! The one that we just lost was very old. A young goat would be fine too. We live outside of Coshocton Ohio. PLEASE email me if you have a goat needing a home for cheap or free! Thank you!

2. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Check petfinder.com

3. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Thank you WisconsinChick! [​IMG]

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I'm trying to remember where Coshocton is.
    If you are near Youngstown then check out the Rogers Flea Market. They have a poultry auction at 6pm on Fridays and usually have quite a few goats there.
    Rogers is just south of Youngstown.
    Good Luck!

5. Ky Chicken Fan

Ky Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    You might check craigslist too, I see goats by the dozen on the Cincinnati one, maybe for your area as well. Good luck!

6. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Thank you everyone!
    Coshocton is about an hour and a half N/E of Columbus. Kinda the middle of no-where, turn right! [​IMG]

7. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    If your interested in a bit of a drive I know of one around Liberty Center Ohio (NW Ohio). At least he was still there two weeks ago. If interested I can see if he still needs a home (he was at a rescue farm). If I remember right hes black and white, just born this spring.

8. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Thank you amysue2012 ! Now I have a problem to fix first though. I walked by the truck yesterday to get a piece of wood for the coop and I noticed the wheel and tire were covered in something. I stuck my finger in it and it was oily. I asked hubby to look and he did the sniff test on my oily finger. We have brake fluid leaking out in large amounts from the rear wheel. He said it must have blown a something. Now the jeep is not running right, the car is dead and the truck is leaking fluid! We bought the truck used really cheap and we're finding out why it was so cheap pretty fast! The car goes in next week (computer problem) and the jeep goes in after that and now the truck will go in after a few paychecks. When it rains ... it pours. At least I got three weeks of groceries in day before yesterday and the mail person will bring my new chicks to me so I don't have to find a way into town today! New chicks! Yeah!!!!! A new group to spoil rotten!!! Thankyou for the help though amysue2012 . I wonder if I could pay them to bring the goatie down here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by