Ohio National Poultry Show Columbus, OH November 8-9

scbirdfarm

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maria Stein, OH 45860
frow.gif
Hey is any body going to the Ohio National Show in Columbus, OH? Is any body bringing chickens to sell?
fl.gif
An if you are selling do you know how to get selling pens there?
ya.gif

I've never been to the National Poultry Show in Columbus, whats it like? I think we are going,I only have 10 chickens,but have never been to a poultry show.Sounds like fun,maybe I could learn something new... SUNBURY CHICK(old hen) SUNBURY,OHIO

I'm new on this board and with the poultry show coming up it looks like I joined at just the right time!

I live south of Dayton and am also looking for chickens to buy. I would love a few Buckeyes!

I can't answer your question about the selling pens but recommend anyone within distance to attend. It's a huge show. It really gives you a chance to see a lot of different poultry breeds and the sales section is very large.

I went last year and ended up with a new Brahma Bantam hen. It is a large show, and there's lots to see. I don't know if you'll find any Buckeyes, KB, but you might. I know there was not a single Delaware under the roof there last year.

You can call Eric Markley and see if he can help you get a pen. They were on the entry form, but the deadline for those was Oct 15. His number is 419-568-7402. It is best to call in the evening. He has been a huge help to me. This is my first time going to the nationals and only my second show exhibiting. I am planning on bringing 12 chickens if all goes well. I may or may not be selling some of those. My mom is also bringing some chickens to show and sell. She has Black Langshans, White Faced Black Spanish, and may have some Porcelain D'Uccle and Bantam Cochin pair to sell.

Just talked to Eric there are 5,300. birds entered and over 500 sale coops. It is going to be wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cant wait.

Back
Top Bottom