OHIO NATIONAL UPDATE - October 29, 2010

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Neil Grassbaugh, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Current number of entries registered 6,400 birds
    The entry of bantams will exceed any previous ABA National Meet other than the joint ABA/APA Nationals.
    The largest class will be Feather Leg Bantams – A very strong showing of Cochins and Silkies is shaping up. It is unusual that either the SCCL or the RCCL is not the biggest at Columbus. Those classes are still huge but the FL exhibitors look like they are going to have a big battle for top honors.
    The breed with the most number of entries will be Call Ducks.
    The largest breed representation for Large Fowl will be Buckeyes.
    There are more than 1,300 waterfowl entered.
    There are currently 193 Junior exhibitors in show. Down a few from last year but the entry is about the same.
    Final total entry not expected to exceed 7,000
    Since 1971 The OHIO NATIONAL has not been a show with less than 3,000 birds and in that time period it was the largest show in every year but two.
    There are 600 sale cages reserved. At no other location will you find more quality birds for sale from the top breeders.
    You might as well get in the car and come see all that is going on November 13 & 14 at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Columbus, Ohio
    Remeber that there will be a BYC table to act as an anchor point for all the members to meet and greet at.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Quote:Well that is pretty cool.

3. Neil Grassbaugh

Sep 1, 2008
    Quote:Well that is pretty cool.

Yeah. We think so too. Any Buckeye, any Buckeye at all, should feel at home in Columbus, Ohio.
    We will have to see how the layout goes and I will see if the Buckeye Club table and the BYC table can be next to one another.

4. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Wow...I can't wait. [​IMG]

Y'all also might want to know that the Comfort Inn, the backup hotel ('cause the Hilton Garden is full up) is now one king jacuzzi suite shy of totally booked. [​IMG]

5. standardbanty

standardbanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    Do you know the number junior entries/birds?

Thanks.

6. judyc

judyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeppers, we had to book at the Fairfield Inn.

7. Neil Grassbaugh

Sep 1, 2008
    Quote:I don't recall the number but I do remember it being more than Lucasville had in the whole show and that was about 1,600

8. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    SO SO SO EXCITED TO COME SEE EVERYONE, MEET SOME BYC-ERS AND COME HOME WITH SOME AMAZING SHOW BIRDS..
    Looking for some SQ standard cochins, banty cochins,silkies and BLRW... cant wait. Will we be able to enter on friday if we are not showing but just looking to buy?

9. Neil Grassbaugh

Sep 1, 2008
    Final tally will be made tomorrow but it looks like this years OHIO MATIONAL will be a show of just less than 7,000 birds. That will make it the 7th largest show of all time in America. It will be the largest show ever held that was not a joint ABA/APA meet.

That is a lot of cages to be setup next weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by