Ohio National

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Dang it, we didn't buy anything this year! Just didn't have the money to spend and we have so many already.....I wanted this little India Black duck...he was so cute and beautiful too..but he was all alone and we don't have any other ducks, just chooks and peas, and we didn't want to take him home with no friends.....If anybody with ducks sees him please take him home...I felt sorry for him!

Anybody else buy anything fun?

WOW! Yes, I bought 3 BEI drakes to take home to my girls. I also bought several books, two "Eggs for Sale" signs, coop feeders, a new carrier, two repeat mouse traps, and contributed to two raffles. (didn't win, but supported the juniors)

We had a BLAST! Sis and I went through 6 consignment shops, and had lunch at a nice place. Well, had dinner Friday night at a nice place too!

I might need to talk her into Connersville in December.
big_smile.png

Shoot I should've spent more time looking. We bought a "Chicken Crossing" sign, but I want a metal one that I can actually use! Repeat mouse traps? What is that? Did they have repeat rat traps?
Ack, maybe i should go back today!

I bought an indian runner duck, 2 porcelains and a red frizzle hen for my mom. Just couldn't get DH to feel sorry for me to get another call duck
hit.gif
but there were sure a lot of them there.

this was my first time going, and yes i thought there were alot of ducks too. and boy those little stinkers are loud:) but they sure are cute!!

Quote:
It is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. Therefore, the correct plan of action is: buy Call ducks first, tell hubby later.
wink.png

(that's what I did. It's working out so far. Of course, I ended up with twice as many ducks as I originally planned on account of winning one of the raffles. But by that I also doubled the cuteness factor, which does work in my favor with the hubby--can't resist a Call.
big_smile.png
)

I think Neil Grassbaugh posted in one of the other threads that the Calls had the biggest amount of entries of any of the breeds of poultry exhibited? Not sure if I am remembering that correctly, but regardless, yeah there were a lot of ducks there!

Back
Top Bottom