Oil Paintings..Beginners Post your paintings!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ozark hen, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I have just started taking oil painting classes. We started with what my instructor calls, 'cartoon' painting. I couldn't get back to my last class so I still have to finish it but so I wouldn't forget what she taught I did two variations at home and then tackled my landscape on my own. I know I have a long way to go but still very happy with my progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    What a beautiful job. [​IMG] I really like the painting. Isn't it wonderful to be creative!! [​IMG]

Sandee

3. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Thanks, I don't have the depth thing worked out yet, or actually the size of things as they progess towards you but I am having a ball figuring it out. I want to see yours!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOVE the first one! [​IMG]

5. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:thank you , that means a lot to me coming from you [​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Carrie, you're an artist! Beautiful! [​IMG]

PS .... Can I have your autograph?

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Wow!! Your first time out the gate??? You did a super job! Hmmmm......now if you could paint some cute coop signs [​IMG]

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    thanks all. I was hoping others would post paintings here, too? I like to see paintings as it gives me direction. It helps me see what I am doing wrong by looking at other paintings.
    Sorry, [​IMG] no chicken coop signs. I cannot write worth a darn! I prefer to type letters to people rather then use my penmanship. LOL

9. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Sorry, no pic, my dad is the artist in the family. I just wanted to say, I really like the 2nd painting best. I like the way the roof line is not perfect, and I think you improved the tree detail nicely. It looks like there is a good breeze blowing and making the leaves dance on the branches. Depth is hard, but I think you've got talent. I hope you post more pics of your work!

10. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Thanks a lot, I mean that. I need helpful criticisms (sp?). I am 25 miles from my art teacher and w/out transportation at the moment due to dh's truck being down [​IMG] I am so anxious to finish my painting there at the art guild and start the next one beginning in July. She let me pick the painting I want the class to learn to do. she has an English garden one that I picked but then there is an old mill I would love to try, too. I do better looking at other's paintings and making my own version of their paintings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by