OK... 30 weeks and no eggs.

Don't worry it will happen! What breeds do ya have, some are slower then others, also the may just wait til spring to start as its getting colder now and everyone is slowing down right now at least mine have and mine are also going through there fall molt.

New Hampshire, Gold Star, and Barred Rock, right now the are being fed cracked corn for the winter and with plenty of treats. treats include vegetables, fruits, and some cat food for some additional protein. oh and they are from a hatchery. and they do have a lamp to increase "daylight" hours.

Is the cracked corn being fed just as a treat? You don't want to give them much. They need to be eating layer feed, around 16% protein or better. Eggs are pretty much all protein, so if they're not getting enough protein, they're not going to produce eggs well.

Those girls should be laying like crazy. My brown egg girls, 2 BR, 2 RIR, 2 Black sex links were each laying 4-6 eggs per week at 30 weeks. Get 'em off the corn and give them layer feed at free will, ie, in front of 'em all the time. You will need to give 'em light at about 14 hrs. per day.
Regards, Woody

I agree with the layer feed. I do have one hen that is over 36 weeks and I have only gotten one egg last week and none since. That was her first and only so far.
sad.png
I think it is more so the breed in my case.

Back
Top Bottom