ok, 9 hens, 9 eggs!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Gazinga, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

i have 9 BO hens, best girls ever, love em! but i am getting 9 to 10 eggs a day! is this normal?!

great girls too! they go in when they are supposed to, go in the run when caled the first time, cause me no problems at all! sit in my lap when i go in the coop, very nice girls and a great roo to boot, takes god care of teh girls, guess im pretty lucky

2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    This is MORE than normal!!! You are BLESSED!!! [​IMG]

Don't question what god and the angels send your way!!!! [​IMG]

Cindy

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    BO's are very friendly. You are blessed!!! I have RIR's and each one pretty much lay every day, but they are not quite as friendly as BO's. My older ones are more so than my younger ones. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Congradulations, looks like your girls love you.[​IMG] [​IMG] Enjoy the eggs.

Not sure what a BO is, but I do not have one. My RIR and my Leghorns lay daily. At least the older hens do, some of my 2008 girls need to get with the program still.

Some of my girls appear not to lay at all, hmmm....well, one day.
    Hoping they get with it cause I have an itch to hatch...lol

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    BO's are buff orpingtons. Welcome Jean

6. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Ssshhhhh! Don't tell them they are working overtime. They might go on strike!

[​IMG]

7. newchicksmama

newchicksmama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2009
    wish i had your 'problem' what do you do...tell me so i can get my started laying!! [​IMG]

8. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

well, i dunno what i do really. All the normal stuff i think according to others on this post.

i feed em free feed layer crumble and corn 50/50, i also assure they have oyster shell free feed.

i leave ceramic eggs in each nest. which they commonly kick out to lay their own eggs.

they have full access to food and water in the run and in the coop. I give them snacks every other day consisting of heads of lettuce, yougurt, ears of corn as a normal, then any table scraps as well except for meat while i sit with them daily. I keep their water fortified with poultry vitamins and apple vineger. Food is folded with DE.

They have three layer boxes for 9 hens, of course they only use two, they ignore the third.
    I sit and tolk with them every day after work as my way to "wind down" and relax. They sit in my lap and sleep on me.

i get 9 eggs a day per the norm, some days a few more but almost never less then 7.

they are 9 months old and look beautiful and healthy.

I dunno what part of this is working, but it works!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by