1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK All You Experts, Need Some Advice Please!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nccountrygirl, May 8, 2008.

1. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Last Sunday we took one of the BLRW boys back to the breeder and in his place she gave me a 6 week old BLRW pullet and a 8 week old Partridge Rock pullet. She is able to free range her chicks and they were doing just that when we got them. Here is my problem, I can not free range due to a large predator problem so these 2 chicks are in a lg. dog crate on my screened in back porch. The Partridge has suddenly started pecking on the BLRW. Can I successfully put her in with the tweens 10--12 week olds and will the Blue do all right by herself for a few more weeks till she is old enough to join them? Thanks....Laura

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Bump for reply

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    If the others will accept the new one and the loner can see them and be near them...it is worth a try. Maybe one of the old hands will jump in here and help more.

4. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Thanks for the reply. I still have the lone chick in a lg. dog carrier on my back porch. We put the 8 week old down in the coop with the other little girls last night. This morning she is getting chased and pecked on some but I thinks she will be OK. I will watch her today and if I see her being abused I will remove her and put her back with the 6 week old. Oh the joys of a mixed age flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by