OK BR experts here we are alittle older .....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Well the mystery goes on ... so I going to post an updated pic of my 2 little BR chicks

are we boys or girls ??

here is chick number one - a little more friendly and not so flighty about being held - but is a brave little one always runs up to my hand and bellie bumps me !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is chick number two - a little more shy and abit flighty not as brave as his/her friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it is hard to tell but chick number 2 is lighter in color and is a bit smaller than number one

julie

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    How old are they again.? I would say chick #2 is pullet, not sure about #1, kinda throwing me off a little. The barring say pullet, but comb and leg's say roo.....

3. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

they both look prety light.. andlarger than usual combs.. so that leads to say boy. :\\ but thats just a guess [​IMG]

4. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    What is the age? I say #1 is a boy and #2 is a girl so far.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Could be wrong, but I agree #1 cockerel, #2 pullet (maybe, going on the longer tail)

6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    these kids are I think 3-4 weeks but not much older than - ( forgot the exact date I brought them home from TSC [​IMG] )
    if I have a pair that would be great, [​IMG] if I have 2 pullets even better [​IMG] , two roos well [​IMG]

I thought for sure number 2 would be a roo it is lighter in coloring than number 1 - but like I said I am totally lost with these two -- [​IMG]

julie

oh cyn - I was hoping you would be online to see these two -- why are they giving me such a hard time trying to find out who is who - rotten little buggers LOL - they are feathering nice but such mixed signals from them !!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

One reason they are giving you a hard time, Julie, is that, honestly, they just don't have very good barring at this point. Usually, baby feathers' barring is a little more uneven than the adolescent feathers, but theirs is sort of wildly uneven, making it hard to tell the sex by that. That does throw the diagnosis off some.

8. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    I agree with several here-#1-cockerel, #2-pullet

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I really don't know but my 3wk old BR is pictured in the "Hermione or Harry" thread. I'm trying to figure out what it is also.

*Edited to add: just noticed you posted on my thread so you've already seen those pics...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  10. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    yea I saw your baby pics -- what a cutie - so I guess we can be confused together LOL

julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by