Ok, can you Ladies help me with my rash?

love-my-wolves

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Front Royal, VA
Ok, kinda personal, but I need help. I am on a new exercise/diet, and have been working out every night. I now have a rash on my inner thigh. Will vaseline work? Don't have anything special on hand, and it hurts!!! Any ideas? Help please, or I might just loose my desire to keep exercising!
ep.gif
Steph

Do you have any kind of powder? Even just cornstarch from the kitchen will work to help soothe it. Vaseline tends to clog pores and is just not really nice to your skin. Anddddd........last but not least, get in some nice, snug fitting, stretchy, work out pants...they will go a long way toward preventing any rubbing.
smile.png

Thanks! I think I have some baby powder. Would that be ok? And workout pants, why didn't I think of that?!?! UGH, they aren't just a fashion statement.
roll.png
Steph

Yes, baby powder should be just fine. Just keep it to the thighs and not...alright, this is a family friendly site.....let's say, not anywhere it could cause concerns over cervical cancer.
smile.png
Yeah, they are the ultimate fashion accessory.......I love to power walk.....I am sure the world LOVES my jiggly rear in my snuggy pants!!!! LOL Sorry for the lovely imagery. LOL

Let it dry out, don't put a band aid or vaseline on it, it will just keep it from drying out. Put some ice on it and wash it and dry it. It's like a carpet burn and it will feel much better soon, but right now I know it stings.

Steph, been there done that girlie! I have found, as others have suggested, that the snuggy spandex pants work wonders for thunder thighs
wink.png
Just make sure that the inseam comes up close... you know... not real low so that it rubs too. So, skin fitting, but not uncomfortable. Now you go tackle that silly lady in the TV screen and show her what you can REALLY do now that you arent itching every 2 seconds!
big_smile.png

okay theres a powder that works its like baby powder but is called monkey butt powder don't ask me why i think it was a joke item atfirst but it really does work i know the mill local to me and also other equine places and such have it good luck and keep up the good work of working out

M.J :

okay theres a powder that works its like baby powder but is called monkey butt powder don't ask me why i think it was a joke item atfirst but it really does work i know the mill local to me and also other equine places and such have it good luck and keep up the good work of working out

Tractor supply has it I told hubby I thought it was a biker thing but I guess cowboys would need it too. lol​

There are also a number of products out there to help prevent chaffing. Boby Glide and aquaphor are two of them. They are expensive, but last forever. My hubby is a big runner, and long races can do some nasty things without help. Aquaphor on you feet before socks can also prevent blisters.

Back
Top Bottom