Ok, Cyn, here are some pics of your grandchick, Disco Lily

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 10, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    As promised, here is Disco Lil in all her lil orneryness...

Right after hatch, see what I meant by ALL beak and feet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One to two days old...(see what I meant by a face only a mother could love?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three to Four days old...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our lil showgirl...

[​IMG]

More as we grow up... [​IMG] NOW of course, she is quite darling, it was only that first day out of the bator that she had that "baby vulture face". :lol
    Jill

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    awwww, so cute! [​IMG]

3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Very sweet and may I correct you in saying it was only a face that another BYC member could love as well. She's very cute. Good job!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, she's beautiful! And you actually could have a pullet there, too. I already see a tiny tail, a good sign. The headspot is fairly contained and defined, too. Lexie had a large headspot, so that alone isn't a perfect indiction of a boy or girl in her babies. OOOOh, I sure hope you do have a girl because Lexie's babies are just awesome sweeties and lay pretty dark eggs, too, like their mom. We'll need to see photos in a couple of weeks in better light then we'll have a better idea of the sex.

5. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yea, sorry for the fuzzyness, guess I got TOO close with the camera. She is a cutie and DOES have about 4 lil tail tufts now. She also has a white breast, does that tell you anything? Yup, I love her personality and she is smart.

That lil showgirl is cute, but she is not too bright. [​IMG]

6. FarmGirlNE

FarmGirlNE Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2007
    Tiplersville, MS
    How cute!!!!! I'm finally gettin around to checkin on here for pics, and still haven't replied to your last email Jill lol Do you have any more pics of the little showgirl? I wanna see her naked neck lol That sucks that you only got 2 to hatch, but honestly I was surprised any of my eggs hatched... considering their long trip through the postal service... Hm... think I can work out my trip to come back through Nebraska and pick up the little chick? lol Yeah, that'd be fun... camping across country from Nebraska to Cali with a dog and a "not too bright" chick... lol I'm in Arkansas for at least a week, visiting family... thinking about staying down here till my birthday (the 19th) and then heading out, not sure yet... depends on how long I can stand my monster of a niece lol

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  7. FarmGirlNE

FarmGirlNE Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2007
    Tiplersville, MS
    Quote:Ya know, I've always heard if you're cute, you don't have to be smart... hm... does that go for chickens too? lol

8. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awwww they're so dang CUTE!!!

9. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Lisa, I got quite a few pics of her, but they didnt turn out to well, lemme see what I have and I will see if any are worth posting.

She keeps her neck huddled down like that most of the time, she is really adorable too. She still isnt the brightest bulb in the lamp tho. Disco Lily is real smart, and doesnt pick on her, and she screams bloody murder now when Lily isnt around. You can almost see lil Disco sigh. I vacillate between calling her Disco and Lily, for my lil barred rock. Disco is kind of a neat name, but she really seems sweet and feminine, so Lily fits her, like the flower.

I havent come up with a name that seems to suit your little showgirl tho, she DOES have personality, its just it hasnt come to me yet. She is really frenetic tho, doesnt sleep all day. She moves a bit like a spider, man she could get away from you easily, she is so tiny. I mean like a spider, she will be standing there then all of a sudden, she is over there, she DARTS. Maybe we should call her Minnow! [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Actually, I like the name Disco Lil. Lily is the name of my evil witchy woman my elderly father married a few years ago, the one that's going to steal all our family heirlooms. BUT, I love the moniker "DISCO LIL", LOL. Sounds like a healthy little BR cutie-pie. Don't know what to call the one with built-in air conditioning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by