Ok do eggs.....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by RooptyDoo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Ok I keep hearing people say oh brown eggs taste much better than white. I also hear people say that green eggs are better than white and brown. Is there really a difference in the eggs? If so what is your favorite and why?

2. weloveourchicks

weloveourchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Virginia
    we have both white and brown laying chickens - honestly I cannot tell the differance between the two.

- - Susan

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I imagine that there isn't any difference. The difference is in what the chickens eat, not the color of the shell. I like having different colored eggs, just because it looks pretty, lol.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Haven't noticed a difference, however between my eggs and store bought, Oh Yeah big difference, store bought are [​IMG]

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    In the supermarket, brown eggs are often local eggs, from smaller producers. These will generally be much more flavrfull than white, factory-farmed cruelty-laden eggs. So with supermarket egs there might legitamately be a difference.

Lots of diff colors look beautiful together in the basket or in the carton. Plus then you can tell who is laying when, if you want to. These are the reasons many of us like diff color eggs. If the egga are home raised, they will all taste great, with no diff according to color.

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    There is absolutely no difference in taste or nutritional value between white and brown eggs.

There is a ton of difference between store bought and home grown eggs.

7. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i have white, brown,green,and blue eggs ,, they all taste the same to me.

8. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Exactly no difference except for egg color.... Just can't tell the customers that because they say the can tell a difference.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The only difference I can tell is the yolk on my green eggs is bigger and oranger. taste the same.

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Is Oranger a word???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by