Ok, Do I Border These Blocks or Set Edge to Edge?

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
These three 16" log cabin blocks will be a table runner. I don't want to set them on point because that will make it too long (and require too much quilting). Was thinking maybe I should use a narrow black tone on tone border around the blocks, but I'm not sure now. So, do you think I should set them edge to edge or sash them?

DCP_6099.jpg

DCP_6104.jpg

DCP_6098.jpg

Thanks. What about the outer border? What color would work with these? I seem to always default to black, but I'm not sure what other color would work with the colors here other than black. Gosh, I hate my camera! That outer border is not blue. It's a deep bluish purple.
roll.png

Thanks, I'm going to ponder it awhile. I'd want to stop short of a hunter green, more like a deep olive. I have a beautiful, classy black with ghosty ginko leave print and I may use that. I want to use what I have already in my stash for this one.

And, I'm working on getting a new camera so my colors are more true to life.

I would add one more burgandy strip to the left edge, then use one of the prints to border all the blocks. I really like that large green and burgandy print.

Back
Top Bottom