1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok for those who need a good laugh ... LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Well as many of you know I have duck eggs in the bator on day 9 - last night we candled and saw movement in two - yea !!

anyway after putting them back in DH asked me - " how are we going to feed them if they hatch? " - I asked him what he meant ... " what kind of milk do we need to get? " - I ask him milk what are you talking about - " for the babies they wont be able to NURSE on the momma - we need to BOTTLE feed them right? " - you guys I almost died laughing - I told him dear these are DUCKS not DOGS they dont NURSE -

He has been around baby chicks/ducks before last easter is when we got our ducks and chicks for first time - so I had to remind him that I did not BOTTLE feed them when they got home right??

this coming from the same man that asked me where I needed to send my eggs to get processed like the grocery stores do - he knows now they are fine as is LOL

My goodness that man worries me sometimes

thought you all might like a little laugh
    so if anyone knows where I can buy " duckling milk and bottles " let my DH know LOL

Julie

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    LOL. that is priceless

3. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    Your DH is not alone! [​IMG] I just recounted your post to DH and he didn't get it 'cause obviously baby ducks need milk bottles. He just thought it would be awkward trying to give them a bottle. [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Michelle

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Too funny! That's hysterical! [​IMG]

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG]

6. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Julie, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Make sure you give him an extra hug, we all enjoyed the chuckle!

Tanya

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I thought about asking him to go outside and check the momma ducks teats to see if her milk had come in when the baby ducks hatched - but thought that would be way to cruel ( for the duck )

poor DH he does not have a " farm boy bone " in his whole body

Julie

8. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    How funny!![​IMG][​IMG]

Monica

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!!!

10. speckledhen