Ok Genetic Gurus! POLISH question PICS sorry Dial up

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lanissa86, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I just hatched out some Gold laced Polish bantams for my friend who raises them. [​IMG] He said lately he has been getting a single white (Albino) chick thrown out of his Gold laced parent stock! [​IMG]

He said it happens at least 1 white chick out of every 10 or 12 eggs he incubates! So I incubated 10 and TaDah! [​IMG]

A cute Albino! Well sort of... it looks yellow with a darker reddish yellow around the face/head area... Any Idea on what it will grow to look like? I kept the Albino for myself since my friend just culls them because he has no use for them. Its so cute! I will try and get a pic up today! [​IMG]

I also hatched on of his Ameracuana/Welsummer Cross Egg! This chick came out of a Very Blue Egg! Does this mean if it is a girl it will be a olive Egger? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    as for the egg question yes it should lay a olive green egg

3. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    So no one really knows about the Bantam Polish baby? Maybe a pic will help some of you guess what colors he will be when he/she is older!

4. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

yes a pic would work wonders.

5. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I will put the pic tomorrow, I just got finished culling my whole flock... [​IMG]

6. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The white birds are recessive white. The gene is recessive so it does not effect the color of a bird if the bird carries one recessive white gene. When you cross two birds that carry one gene there is chance that the offspring will inherit one recessive white gene from each parent and you get a white bird.
    If you know who the parents of the bird are, back cross the bird to one of the parents and you should get 50% WHITE AND 50% GOLD LACED.

Tim

7. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Here is the little Albino Polish baby hatched from 2 Gold laced Polish bantams! Obviously not really Albino anymore, he is a Buff color with what look like Black coming in on the feather now... So maybe a light gold laced with bad lacing maybe?

Now 4 Days Old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by